Top NewsVideo

After Trump–Putin Call, Russia Unleashes Massive Airstrike on Ukraine

×

After Trump–Putin Call, Russia Unleashes Massive Airstrike on Ukraine

Share this article

Putin Orders Record Air Assault on Ukraine Hours After Call with Trump

Just hours after a phone conversation between President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin, Russia launched its largest aerial attack yet on Ukraine, raining down over 500 drones and missiles in a coordinated strike that devastated parts of Kyiv and other regions on July 4, 2025.

This unprecedented escalation has raised fears of a new phase in the war—one where diplomacy may no longer be effective, and Western support for Ukraine appears increasingly uncertain.


🔥 The Attack: Over 500 Aerial Weapons Unleashed

According to Ukrainian military officials, Russia deployed:

     

  • 539 Shahed drones and 11 ballistic and cruise missiles

  •  

  • Targeting Kyiv, Kharkiv, and multiple infrastructure sites

  •  

  • Ukraine intercepted 478 of the incoming weapons, but dozens still hit critical targets

Civilians were caught in the chaos:

     

  • 1 person killed, and over 25 injured

  •  

  • Explosions and fires were reported in six Kyiv districts

  •  

  • Damage included residential buildings, schools, train lines, and even foreign consulates, including Poland and China


📞 What Was Said in the Trump–Putin Call?

Earlier that day, Trump held a highly scrutinized phone call with Putin, urging him to consider a ceasefire. After the call, Trump said publicly he was “very disappointed”, noting Putin showed no real intention to de-escalate.

Analysts say the scale and timing of Russia’s attack—launched just hours later—was a clear message: Putin remains committed to military victory, not diplomacy.


⚖️ U.S. and Global Response

The attack comes amid growing tension over American involvement in the war:

     

  • The U.S. recently paused several weapons shipments, including Patriot missile systems, citing concerns over stockpile depletion.

  •  

  • European leaders, including officials from Germany and the Netherlands, are now exploring ways to fill the gap in air defense aid to Ukraine.

  •  

  • President Volodymyr Zelensky and Trump spoke again after the strike, with both agreeing on the urgency to boost air defense cooperation, potentially even co-producing systems in Ukraine.


📉 Strategic Implications

Issue Impact
Diplomatic Breakdown Putin’s post-call assault signals that dialogue may no longer deter escalation
Ukrainian Vulnerability Kyiv’s defenses are overwhelmed despite high interception success
Western Hesitation U.S. aid pause is creating uncertainty, leaving Ukraine reliant on Europe
Russia’s Message Kremlin shows it will escalate—regardless of Western pressure or calls for peace

🚨 Bottom Line

The deadly barrage following Trump’s call with Putin sends a chilling message: Russia is not backing down. As Ukraine scrambles to defend its skies and Western allies reevaluate their roles, this attack marks a dangerous shift—where even direct talks may fail to stop Moscow’s war machine.

Without urgent international support, Ukraine faces growing threats not just on the battlefield—but in the air, where every missed drone risks lives.